- Nights 3
- Days 4
- Things to Do 3
- Dates Year Round
Prepare to feel like royalty when you enter the grounds of one of the oldest inhabited Castles in Ireland. With history dating back to 1180, Kilkea Castle captures the mystical charm of a 12th Century majestic Castle with the overwhelming allure of timeless sophistication and style. After a major renovation that redefines luxury, Kilkea Castle is delighted to welcome you.
Only an hour’s drive from Dublin, once the medieval stronghold of the FitzGerald’s, Earls of Kildare, the Castle was built by Hugh de Lacy for one of Strongbow’s Norman Noblemen, Walter de Riddlesford. Today it stands proudly ready to extend a warm Irish welcome to guests from around the globe. It is family owned and managed. The Cashman’s aim is to share their passion for the destination through providing authentic, enriching experiences and thoughtful, intuitive service.
Located in Castledermot, along Ireland’s Ancient East and set on 180 acres of its own wonderful woodland, gardens and golf course, Kilkea Castle enchants from the moment you drive down the beech-lined avenue overlooking the Killeshin Hills, only minutes from the ancient Mullaghreelan Woods.
Kilkea Castle has a long history of delivering fairytale Weddings. However, the Castle is also the perfect choice for a family gathering or corporate retreat. Imagine yourself as King or Queen while enjoying your very own Irish Castle!
Dates & Prices
Prices are in USD, per person, based on double/twin occupancy.
|Package Options||Starting From||Single Occupancy|
- Arrive into Dublin International Airport (DUB) where you will be met by your driver. Transfer approx. 60mins south and drive through the gates to the beautiful grounds of Kilkea Castle.
- Check in, unwind or go for a relaxing afternoon walk before an early dinner.
- Today, you can choose from the many activities that are available to you when you stay at the castle… horse back riding, golf, archery or even try your hand at falconry. Either way, the castle grounds offers you so much to do to fill your day.
- Dinner in the 1180 Restaurant in the castle.
- Today, head out on the Grand Canal or the River Barrow, whether you wish to enjoy a picnic on board during your tour to Levistown or lunch on the river bank during a day long trip to Maganey. As you travel along the Barrow Navigation there are some amazing features and breathtaking views. You will get to marvel at the majestic sprawling landscapes, flora & fauna and all the river offers.
- Upon returning to the castle, enjoy a special dinner and feast like a king and queen for your final night in your Irish Castle Experience.
- After breakfast, check out and transfer to Dublin International Airport (DUB) or extend your stay exploring another part of Ireland.
3 Nights / 4 Days inclusive of Irish Breakfast Daily
- 3 Nights at Kilkea Castle – Deluxe Castle Room
- Round Trip Airport Transfers
- Full Irish Breakfast Daily
- Services of your Distincte Travel Advisor
- All local taxes
Note: This itinerary is a suggested base experience. Kilkea Castle can accommodate any level of visit request. Depending on the reason for your stay, the entire castle can be reserved for exclusive use for a large family event, a company function or just a couple looking for an unforgettable experience. Please contact your Distincte Travel Advisor to customize your Irish Castle Experience.
- All gratuities and service fees not stated as included
- Transfers where not listed
- All Activities that are listed on the Experience are suggested and not included (priced on request)