- Nights 3
- Days 4
- Fishing Excursions 2
- Dates Year Round
Whether you are fly fishing enthusiast or prefer the pursuit of the deep water sport fish, or both, then it’s time to journey to Abaco in the Out Islands of the Bahamas!
If that sounds enticing, the perfect compliment to accessing fishing this is a stay at the Abaco Club on Winding Bay.
The waters surrounding The Abaco Club are teeming with world-class opportunities for fishing enthusiasts. Trophy bonefish, permit, and tarpon fishing is a serious sport in these parts, and a particular favorite with both club members and visitors who take to the mangrove flats for one of the most exciting saltwater flats fly fishing in the world. Bonefish are wary adversaries—and real fighters. You’ll need to be patient– and cunning– to land them, but when you do, it’s exhilarating.
In deeper water, trolling in the 8’-20’ depths of the Sea of Abaco can net you grouper, wahoo, snapper, triggerfish, yellowtail, and dolphin fish. Outside the barrier reef in The Atlantic Ocean proper, even bigger game awaits. Sport-fishermen from around the world descend on these deeper waters in search of mahi-mahi, blue marlin, sailfish, and blackfin and yellowfin tuna. Boats with impressive arrays of outriggers will be seen here, all intent on zeroing in on a big catch.
After the fishing is completed, take your catch back to the Club Chef and he’ll prepare it “Abaco style” for dinner. It doesn’t get much better!
- Choice of a one bedroom cabanas, two (2) / three (3) bedroom villa homes, or depending on the size of our group, a choice of four (4) bedroom + luxury homes.
- Once checked in, head to Flippers for a nice rum cocktail and some beach time while you settle into your island home for the weekend.
- Dinner at the Cliff House on property.
- After a nice hearty breakfast, you will transfer off property to the Black Fly Lodge team who will be your hosts for the day while you head out and try your hand at the famous bone fish that are abundant in the flats of the Abacos.
- Upon return in the early afternoon, relax and enjoy your surroundings or you can even treat yourself to a massage at the Club Spa.
- Dinner off property at Pete’s Pub, the most unassuming beach pub with some of the best fresh catch available in all of the Bahamas!
- Grab an early breakfast before being picked up by your guide to head out onto the Atlantic for some deep sea sport fishing. Unlike many fishing destinations where you must motor offshore for 50+ miles, the fishing in the Abacos is only 1 to 2 miles before you are in the fish rich with Mahi, Sailfish and Tuna to name a few.
- Chances are you are coming back to the resort with dinner where your catch will be taken off your hands and prepared by the Club’s chef… and, there’s nothing better than fresh catch prepared Bahama style!
- After breakfast, transfer (MHH) for your flight home hopefully fulled relaxed and with a few good fishing tales to share.
3 Nights in choice of 1 BR Cabana, 2BR, 3BR, 4BR or Estate Homes.
Things To Do
The adventure that is Blackfly Lodge begins with the unforced rhythms of Island life and extends to the memories that will last a lifetime. South Abaco is a world-class... More
The Abaco Club on Winding Bay
Blackfly Lodge & Fishing Charters
Schooner Bay, Crossing Rocks, The Bahamas
Little Harbour road, Little Harbour, Abaco, The Bahamas
- 3 Nights at Abaco Club on Winding Bay
- Round Trip Transfers from Marsh Habour International Airport (MHH)
- 1x Bone Fishing + 1x Deep Sea Options
- Welcome Dinner in the Cliff House Restaurant
- Services of your Distincte representative
- Gratuities, Services fees, Taxes where not listed
- Any Transfers not listed
- Any alcoholic beverages + soft drinks with your welcome dinner
- Meals where not listed
- Any services listed as optional in the itinerary
*Please note that the Abaco Club is a gratuity free experience. Tipping is not expected.
Dates & Prices
Prices are in USD, per person, based on double occupancy.
|Package Options||Starting From||Single Occupancy|
|Entry Level - Cabana||$1,995.00|