- Nights 4
- Days 5
- Things To Do 3
- Dates Year Round
Ideal for a group Milestone Celebration…Birthday, Anniversary, Family Getaway or Destination Wedding!
When many people think of the Bahamas they picture the big luxury hotel and casinos of Atlantis on Nassau or a Carnival Cruise Line day stop… but there is so much more to the Bahamas.
If you seek a slower pace and subscribe to a Caribbean style escape from the day to day stresses of everyday life then the Out Islands of the Bahamas is for you.
The Out Islands are made up of hundreds of islands, cays and reefs. Exuma, Long Island, Cat Island, Andros to name a few but our favorite part of the Bahamas are a chain of barrier islands that sit off the coast of Great Abaco, called the Abacos,
A regular home base is on Elbow Cay, where it is easily marked with its 150 year old, candy stripe painted lighthouse that stands high above the protected harbor. Within the harbor is a settlement called Hope Town… how much better can it get when the place you are going to stay sets such a positive vibe?!
The options of where to stay are plentiful from a private home, multi unit homes or a resort; depending on your event. Boat rentals are also an option to explore the gorgeous islands with most rental homes having dock space available.
The Sea of Abaco, sits between the Atlantic on the east side of Hope Town and the main land of Great Abaco to the west; this creates an intracoastal waterway making it safe for day sailing and power boating. This active passage way provides boaters with easy access to safely navigate and explore the natural treasures and locals you will meet along the way. Even if you are not a boater, Albury Bros Ferry runs on a regular schedule connecting the islands.
So whatever type of destination event, make sure you speak to you Distincte Travel Advisor, as we have the local knowledge you need to make your experience one to remember!
- Arrive into Marsh Harbour International Airport (MHH)
- Transfer to either the ferry dock or to the boat rental office.
- Options for getting around the islands: Rent your own boat to island hop as you please or arrangements can be made to have day trips by boat driven for you.
- The 20 min. boat ride to Firefly Sunset Resort in Hope Town is a stunning trip across the turquoise water of The Abaco Sea. The staff at Firefly Sunset Resort will be awaiting your arrival at the docks to drive you to the resort, about 5 min away.
- Check in and get settled… no doubt it will not be long before you find yourself at the bar, overlooking the Abaco Sea!
- The best part about Elbow Cay is that it’s relatively a small island, you can head out on your golf cart and to explore the island. To the north is a village or head south and cruise on over to White Sound or down to walk the sandy peninsula that is Tahiti Beach (also one of our suggested stops by boat).
- In late morning, have your coolers packed up, snorkel gear and sun screen at the ready before setting off south to the world famous Pete’s Pub & Gallery. It’s a great run down through the Sea of Abaco to Little Harbour. Once you cruise into this secluded cove, you will see the Pub sitting off the shoreline built on the sand. Don’t be fooled by its unassuming look because it might be the best food you will eat in the Abacos!
- After lunch, head back north and stop off for a bit of snorkeling before going to chill out on the waist deep shallows of the Tilloo Sandbar – the clearest of turquoise water you will ever see. Great spot to just slow everything down and savor the moment in life because it’s that special!
- On the way back up, make sure to stop at the also world famous Cracker P’s Bar & Grill. Owned and operated by Patrick (Cracker P. himself) and his wife Linda Stewart…a great spot for Happy Hour (not that you will need it but why not?).
Travelers note: If you happen to find yourself in the Bahamas during the first night of a full moon, Crackers P’s is a must for their Full Moon party as locals and visitors come from miles around to attend!
- Back to Firefly to relax after this full day!
Today is a day of choices… usually it begins will easing into your day maybe with a breakfast in town at Captain Jack’s or at The Hope Town Lodge. For the health nuts, Elbow Cay is a great place for a run as there’s not too many cars on the road. So, your options:
- Option 1… stay on land and go explore the island with your golf cart, do a bit of shopping or go to one of the beaches that are on the island.
- Option 2…gather up the troops for a light day on the water with short cruise to Tahiti Beach, a great spot to beach the boat, float a cooler ashore with your tunes and relax on the flats of the beach. For lunch, pull the anchor and cross over to Lubbers Quarters Cay for an afternoon of fun at Cracker P’s.
- Option 3…a fan favorite and to be honest, a must squeeze into your visit to Abaco. Pack the boat up and head north up through the Sea of Abaco towards Treasure Cay…you will stay off shore but keep cruising north until you hit the most unbelievable waters you will likely ever witness in your life…think of the world’s largest swimming pool and you might get close to explaining what this body of water is like. It’s a great place to again, anchor up in the shallows and savor every second that you are here!
After you pull the anchor, you head north east to No Name Cay to visit the Piggies of Piggyville…Don’t know about you but if someone tells you that a pig can swim, you probably won’t believe them hence why you should see this for yourself. Don’t forget to bring veggies or watermelon to feed them…they love it! After feeding the pigs, its time to head for lunch… cruise back over to Treasure Cay, Coco Beach Bar and Grill is always a good choice… even if you can’t get docked up, just drop the anchor and they will send a tender to pick you and crew up…now, that’s service!
- Saturday nights usually has a live band at Harbour’s Edge or a DJ at White Sound providing a good opportunity to boogie down with the locals.
Sundays in the Abacos is best known as Nippers Sunday!
- Sunday Funday begins with preparing for a full day on the boat with one special stop before heading to Nippers. Heading out of Hope Town cruise north up past Man O’ War Cay towards Scotland Cay. Just on the northern tip of Scotland and the south end of Great Gauna Cay lies this little slice of heaven in a secluded cove that will leave you completely breathless… in this cove you can beach the boat and snorkel watching for stingrays, walk the flats or simply just chill out.
- About 2pm, you want to pull the anchor and cruise the short distance the main habour on Guana. Tie up and head to Nippers Beach Bar & Grill and get ready for an afternoon of fun, dancing and good food and drinks!
- Around 6pm you will want to head to the boat for the trip back to Hope Town… usually if you have timed it right you will have setting sun at your back and all you can do is observe smiles on the faces of your fellow boat mates.
We fully recommend, if possible, secure a late afternoon flight out of Marsh Harbour… not only do you want to savor every moment of paradise but you will be in no rush and likely moving slow based on your full weekend of fun!
4 Nights in choice of 2x, 3x, or 4x BR Villas
Things To Do
Pete’s Pub is a classic beach restaurant/pub and the only working sculpture foundry in the Bahamas. World famous for nature and oceanic inspired large sculptures, jewelry and more. Visit... More
Welcome to Cracker P's owned and operated by Bahamian Chef Patrick Stewart and his wife, Linda. We strive to give you some of the best food, drink and enjoyment... More
Little Harbour road, Little Harbour, Abaco, The Bahamas
Cracker P's Bar & Grill
Lubbers Quarters Cay, The Bahamas
Nippers Beach Bar and Grill
Great Guana Cay, The Bahamas
- 4 Nights at Sunset Firefly Resort on Elbow Cay
- Golf Cart Rental (4x PAX)
- Round Trip Airport Transfers
- Round Trip Ferry Transfers From Marsh Harbour to Hope Town
- Rental fees for both daily boating options (either self drive or charter) are available. Please ask your Distincte Travel Advisor for pricing options.
- Gratuities, Services fees, Taxes where not listed
- Any Transfers not listed
- Any food or beverages
- Fuel costs for rental boat
- Any items of a personal nature
Dates & Prices
Prices are in USD, per person, based on double occupancy.
|Package Options||Starting From||Single Occupancy|
|Sharing a 2x BR Villa||$1,495.00|